Thursday, December 9, 2010

Time to split.

It’s that time again and I have to leave Chennai. The fact that, I feel apprehensive to leave my home and go to college raises the question,” Why am I even in this college? Is this the right choice for me?”.

The fact is that everyone feels the same way when they leave home. Or that’s what I believe. If someone doesn’t feel this way he’s probably VERY bored at home. But even beyond that, I feel apprehensive and anxious when I leave Chennai. I get a tight feeling in my gut (or whatever my midsection would be called) and it doesn’t go away. When you really consider it the fact is that this kind of separation from comfort and safety is GOOD for you. It makes you more adaptable and you learn things that you’d never find going to a college in your hometown.

The only way to overcome fear is repeated exposure to things that terrify you. It’s like something huge. Only it’s hard to put into words. Once you GET there you’ll understand it. In the process, I hate to sound like a Zen master but that’s just how it is. It’s similar to when someone tells you that fame isn’t all it seems to be. We normal people wouldn’t understand this. But being famous can get very lonesome. And a loss of privacy is something most people don’t have to cope with. My only desire in life is to have great friends, women and experience everything that I can. If I can’t do this I think I’ll still die happy in the knowledge that I didn’t waste time focussing on what comes next and what would happen If I didn’t do something I wanted to do.

I don’t want to wax on and ruin something I’m quite satisfied with right now. To be honest it’s something I’m HAPPY with.

No comments: